We provide a comprehensive resource hub aimed at improving and understanding healthy aging, brain wellness, and memory care via readily accessible online materials.
The Leadership Team at the Virtual Brain Health Center has gathered the following Brain Health, Brain Check-Up, Healthy Aging, Memory Care, and Carer resources.
It is important to note, that the following resources are provided for educational purposes and do not substitute information from a healthcare provider.
The Virtual Brain Health Center declares no conflicts of interests with the following organizations. Listing an organization is not an endorsement for the organization, its product, or its services and is intended for educational purposes only.
Start here to review the evidence-based lifestyle resources designed to promote brain wellness at any age. It’s never too early nor too late to start a new brain-healthy habit!
- Next Avenue: Protecting Your Brain Health During the Pandemic Guide
- Cleveland Clinic: Brain Health
- AARP Staying Sharp: Brain Health
- Global Council on Brain Health: Brain Healthy Lifestyle Summary Reports
- Brain Health Network: Simple Steps for Brain Health
- Women’s Brain Health Initiative: Women’s Brain Health Information
- USAgainstAlzheimer’s Brain Guide: Here’s How You Can Keep Your Brain Healthy
- EngAGE Your Brain: Blog by Dr. Krystal L. Culler, DBH, M.A.
Take your personal brain wellness into your own hands with these accessible online brain health assessments.
- Cleveland Clinic: (FREE!) Online Brain Health Check-Up
- Cogniciti: (FREE!) Online Brain Health Check-Up
- My Brain Test: (FREE!) Online Brain Health Check-Up
- Alzheimer’s Research & Prevention Foundation: (FREE!) Memory Check
- Staying Sharp AARP: (Low Cost$14 or redeem AARP member points) Online Brain Health Check-Up
- USAgainstAlzheimer’s: (FREE!) Online & Phone options available in English & Spanish My Brain Guide
Begin here to understand cognitive health, better brain health, and healthy brain aging. Gain practical tips to boost your overall health and well-being while learning about the aging brain and body.
- Dana Foundation: Successful Aging & Your Brain
- Dana Foundation Q&A: Answering Your Questions About the Brain
- Cognitive Health & Older Adults: Maintain Your Brain
- Alzheimer’s Research & Prevention Foundation: The Power of Brain Aerobics
- Memory, Forgetfulness, and Aging: What’s Normal and What’s Not?
- Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease: What Do We Know?
Research on brain health and brain-related diseases is vital to advance our knowledge into the unknown wonders of the brain.
There are multiple ways to get involved with brain-related research from complex clinical trials, to pharmaceutical and device research, to tissue and blood donation, to completing surveys from your couch.
Learn more from the following websites or email us with any questions.
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF): Brain Health Registry
- The Center for BrainHealth: The BrainHealth®Project
- National Institute of Health: Research Match
- Registries and Matching Services for Clinical Trials: Multiple Organizations
- S. Library of Medicine: National Registry of Clinical Trials
- Registry with the Alzheimer’s Association: Trial Match
- National Institute on Aging: Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers by State
We aim to provide a range of essential information for caregivers. Here we have gathered some basic resources for caregivers of individuals with memory concerns, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease, and related disorders.
- UCSF Memory and Aging Center: Services, Support, & Research
- Alzheimer’s Association: Help & Support
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America: Support, Services, & Education
- National Institute on Aging: Carer Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Alzheimer’s Disease & Healthy Aging
- Family Caregiver Alliance: National Center on Caregiving
- Help For Alzheimer’s Families: Guidance, Resources, & Communities
Below is a list of items to support caregivers along their journey including their personal well-being.
This intends to serve as a starting guide to help caregivers access practical tips and information to build their personal caregiver’s toolbox.
- Care.com Resources: How to Find Long-Term Care that Prioritizes / Fitness and Healthy Living
- Bright Focus Foundation: Managing Stress: Care for the Carer
- Department of Health & Human Services: Caring for a Person with Alzheimer’s Disease / Your Easy-to-Use Guide
- UCLA Carer Education: Online Training Videos
- Dementia Map: Global Directory